DISCUSSION

Can't get past configuration wizard

2 people are following

Hello!

Was hoping I could ask for some help. I was following the steps in this thread to try to get my raspberry pi 3b and my lcd screen set up (same screen as discussed in this thread)…https://www.mod-bros.com/en/forum/t/trying-to-get-miuzei-4-lcd-to-work~936 … but whenever I get to the end of the configuration wizard and hit apply(1st screenshot), I get the below error message (2nd screenshot). The mod bros wifi then disappears from my networks and I am unable to connect again unless I reflash the image back on the disk and start all over. This has happened 3 times to me so not sure if it's something I am doing wrong, or has something to do with the driver I am trying to install or what. I am really a raspberry pi novice so would sincerely appreciate any help or suggestions. Thanks!

6759befa-9dc7-465e-a175-b9f70437d5d7.ee851716.jpg

5bd7c888-3357-4ebb-b9eb-3caecac0763d.ee851716.jpg
Replies 1 - 1 (1)

Hi @slydoggydogg 

That's actually completely normal.

As you can read on the wizards confirmation screen (your 1st screenshot), the Raspberry Pi has to reboot twice in order to apply the new configuration.
So once you hit the ‘Apply’ button, the Raspberry Pi will reboot shorty afterwards. So naturally the wifi hotspot will also be closed, which leads to the error message on your 2nd screenshot. The page can't be loaded again, as you are no longer connected to the wifi hotspot.

The Pi will automatically install your selected display driver and then reboot again. This may take a minute or two.
Afterwards you should see an image on your display and the Raspberry Pi will try to connect to the wifi network you configured.

How long did you wait after applying the configuration before you cut the power an reflashed the image?

Login to comment

Login
Like most websites, we also use cookies. But don't worry, we only use them for your login and statistics.