REPORT AN ISSUE

Cannot Reach ModBro host on Pi or other network devices. [SOLVED]

2 people are following

So I have the desktop client installed but cannot connect to it from any external devices. I can access it on the same machine, so it is running, but something seems to be blocking it. Here's what I've tried so far:

• Allowing the ModBro app through my windows firewall manually via the FAQ method
  • Creating an inbound and outbound rule for ModBro through the advanced panel
  • Pinging the host PC from the Pi (successfully)
  • Pinging host PC from laptop (successfully)
  • Using telnet to ping the host PC from the laptop on port 4210 (unsuccessfully)
  • Tried to access host server from laptop browser and iPhone browser (unsuccessfully)
  • Tried to access host server though a different pi B+ through ethernet (unsuccessfully)

The host PC has a static ip address and all these devices are connected to the same router. The one thing I could see being a problem would be that the devices are on WIFI while the host PC is on an ethernet connection. Even though this is the case, I feel like that shouldnt effect the connection…? Any help is appreciated, thanks!

EDIT: I fixed it! Turns out I needed to explicitly tell my computer to open the 42100 port through firewall rules. If anyone else is having this issue and stumbles across this post here's the solution I came up with:

Control Panel > System Security and Settings > Windows Defender Firewall > Advanced Settings (left column) > Inbound Rules > New Rule > Enter a name, select TCP and type in 42100 for the port. > New Rule > Enter a name, select UDP and type in 42100 for the port. 

After that my connection started working. 

Replies 1 - 1 (1)

Hey @Gallapagos,

glad to hear that you figured out how to solve it and thanks for sharing this!!

~ Mike

Login to comment

Login
Like most websites, we also use cookies. But don't worry, we only use them for your login and statistics.