REPORT AN ISSUE

ModBros Desktop App Not Reading HWInfo Network Values Correctly & How To Change Network Bitrate To Mbps?

1 people are following

I just set up the ModBros desktop app and started configuring monitoring.  I had no issues with any other hardware (GPU, RAM, CPU), but am unable to get network monitoring working.  I have two NIC cards - one an Intel GbE LAN, the other a Killer NIC E2500.  

I'm running hwinfo 7.02 (same issue with v6.40) for additional inputs, but I'm running into issues with both the native network monitoring and via HWInfo.  

The native network monitoring (Libre Hardware) is set to Bytes/s and is registering values in Bytes/s - which is not very useful.  Is there a way to modify this to read in Mb/s?  I can set HWInfo's network monitoring to read in Mb/s - which works great in the HWInfo UI, but when choosing “Bitrate” for download and upload values in the HWINFO tab of ModBro, the “BITRATE” value in the selection column shows the right values (X.X Mb/s) - but the actual graph data reads in KB/s and shows zero for both download and upload.

Here is a picture illustrating the problem:

https://imgur.com/ZnnRXBm

Note the left-hand column is reading HWInfo properly (0.2 mbps) but the graph that is output by the ModBros utility reads 0KB/s for both download and upload values.    

The Killer NIC shows no network activity at all, with Libre hardware or HWInfo.  

If I can modify the Libre hardware network sensor to read in Mb/s, that would be perfect - however I have found no way to do so.  Any idea if I can make that change, and/or why the download and upload rates for HWInfo are not reading the correct values in the graph?

Replies 1 - 1 (1)

After doing some additional legwork and getting a Raspberry Pi powered remote screen monitor configured, it looks like the above issue is only tied to the desktop app's metrics.  The Raspberry Pi configuration seems to work fine (registering proper HWInfo data and displaying in Mbps based on HWInfo configuration), but I figured it would be worth bringing the desktop monitoring issue to your attention.  

Login to comment

Login
Like most websites, we also use cookies. But don't worry, we only use them for your login and statistics.