QUESTION

Oh shoot! The source Open Hardware seems to be missing. Please install it to get even more data to monitor!

4 people are following

Hello Modbros 

first of all thank you for this app

i am having an issue with this Oh shoot! The source Open Hardware seems to be missing. Please install it to get even more data to monitor!

when i click on general processor temperature i see that 

so installed open hardware and still gives me that erorr what am i missing 

Replies 1 - 11 (11)

Hey @Goof,

we are shipping Open Hardware Monitor with the app as a background service, you should not have to install it. Is there a warning at the top bar indicating that our service is not running in the background? Do you get data from Libre Hardware Monitor?

Can you also check, that you have the latest version installed, it should be 1.0.0-beta5.

Hey @Dave 

yes i have downloaded it but it seems this tab generalprocessor_temperature only works with Hwi and not the other the two 

is this normal or somthing is wrong here 

Goof

Hey @Dave 

yes i have downloaded it but it seems this tab generalprocessor_temperature only works with Hwi and not the other the two 

is this normal or somthing is wrong here 

no its not normal, could you send me a screenshot? I'm a little umcertain what you mean with the tab general-processor-temperature. 

https://ibb.co/RT1PB9w

027806b8-ca4b-4626-a24c-61c6870dcfe3.ee851716.png

Hey @Goof,

hmm thats kinda odd, that would mean that you have no valid temperature data from open hardware monitor. Could you do me a favor and upload the JSON somewhere that you get when you go to http://localhost:42001/api/sensors/data on the PC running MoBro? Then I can try to debug why you get the Oh Shoot error.

Cheers ~Dave

Hello @Dave  i have email you the info you needed 

Hey @Goof, thanks for the json. Apparently Open and LibrehardwareMonitor are not able to collect any temperature data from your CPU :( You can install HWinfo and run it in sensors only mode, then you should be able to get data from your cpu.

Hi there, I have kind of the same issue.
I try to get my CPU fan speed showing but have the same "Oh shoot" message for all three source types for the ‘theme-fan-speed-cpu’ part.

in the api there is the mainboard data

6a9d73c4-bf5b-4c16-9286-e37a9112d2dd.ee851716.png

HWinfo I did not get to work either because it crashes on startup while checking IPMI. (whatever that means)

same problem here 12700k

is this a dead domain? 

Hey  @rackles which problem are you referring to? For what do you not get data? Do you not get the data in your theme customization or when you try mapping channels in the settings? If its about getting the oh shoot when mapping channels in the settings you can take a look here: https://www.mod-bros.com/en/forum/t/unable-to-choose-other-hardwaretypes-from-sensor-data-page~2979

If it's about not getting the data in the theme customization, it might be a problem with libre and open hardware monitoring being not able to fetch the neccessary data. Have you tried HWiNFO or Aida64 together with MoBro?

Login to comment

Login
Like most websites, we also use cookies. But don't worry, we only use them for your login and statistics.