REPORT AN ISSUE

Three questions if that's OK

3 people are following

Hi
1) Great system, worked like a treat for a month and then …….. didn't. 
Task Mgr - Showing in ‘Background Processes’ but not in ‘Apps’.
Settings - Logo disappeared in 'Apps & Features.
Disappeared from taskbar.
Desktop shortcut still there - doesn't open app.
PROBABLY ……… recent Windows update ??
Happy to re-install but pita as it was beautifully set up lol.

2) I want to set it up on a second machine.
Can't get my head around whether 2 systems can work ?????
I'm sure you geniuseseseses have the answer

3) Any news on adding an analogue clock ??

Cheers
John

Replies 1 - 6 (6)

Hi again
Completely uninstalled (using Revo ), re-downloaded ……….. won't install.
Any clues ? Windows updates ?

Keep up the good work fellers - great app.
T

Hi @JDW,

we had a similar issue before, when writing a settings file went corrupt. Can you check this topic here? Maybe this helps you and the app can start up again.

About your point 2) what do you mean with on a second machine? Do you want to have two machines with two raspberries? If so, you can assign different network names to both machines, then thats not an issue.

Hi Dave
Thanks for the reply.

Yeah same problem, but I'd already decided to uninstall and start again ……
……… which ain't easy, but basically threw the kitchen sink at deleting stuff. I did so many things I've forgotten what worked in the end. It may have been cleaning the registry with CCleaner.
Anyway, reinstalled & all good now. 
It's a great app ………. you can't be expected to foresee what an MS update's gonna do, they can f**k anything.
I see you've addressed it anyway

Re second machine … gotcha.

Thanks again, but what about an analogue clock lol.
John

For no. 2, I've had the same requirement but this isn't supported in the MoBro program as it is.  I believe some of the more advanced (or 'expensive') versions of Aida64 can share stats between computers over the network. It may be possible to collate data from multiple machines to a single machine, share that in memory per the usual process and construct a dashboard separating the data with mobro only pulling from the single source.

Much easier though would be to make a little web page that collates the two separate MoBro computers' outputs in to a single page for display.

SO: Rather than pointing your pi/screen direct to one of the computers, you point it to this page and that then pulls the outputs from 2+ computers in 1 view.  Last time I touched html this would have been easy with iframes and I think they're still available in 2021 but there is probably a more modern approach out there.

Between these two tutorials you'll have it sorted:
https://www.w3schools.com/howto/howto_css_split_screen.asp
https://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_iframe.ASP

best of luck

an-easy-genesis

Yeah ……… like that a lot.

Thx

@JDW glad to give the suggestion.

If you get something that works without triggering any warnings in the browser please do sling the html back to the dogs (no matter how simple!).

Login to comment

Login
Like most websites, we also use cookies. But don't worry, we only use them for your login and statistics.