REPORT AN ISSUE

App goes to 'default' theme blank page but doesn't connect to PC

3 people are following

When I try to connect the android app to my desktop if they are not named the same network it will give me an error stating there's no matching network, however if I fix it and make everything correct, the app will go to the ‘default’ theme but its blank with no data being displayed and the desktop app does not show it as a connected device.

Android is a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 SM-T337A

Android Version 5.1.1

Play Store Version 23.6.13-21 [0] [PR] 350865673

PC is : Edition Windows 10 Home

Version 20H2

Installed on ‎1/‎13/‎2021

OS build 19042.746

Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0

The desktop app indicates that the Inbound and Outbound rule were both installed. I also tried to completely disable the windows firewall and it didn't help. I've renamed the network on both ends, I've changed themes, I've closed both apps and tried to alternate which one I start first, nothing works.

Replies 1 - 2 (2)

Hi @Kashimi 

that sounds like the connection to the PC is successful but the theme can't be rendered.

Could you please check the version of your Android System WebView and whether there's an update available for it.
Just search for the app in the PlayStore.

Hello, 

I had had very same issue with Nexus7 and 5.1.1. Tried to update Android System WebView which solved problem. It worked until i changed theme to default in desktop app. Now i have only MB logo animation and same applies for browser.

Is there any way to  get it working again? I have already reinstalled both desktop app and android app.

Edit: same applies for phone

Edit2: downgrading Windows app to beta11 solved issue

Login to comment

Login
Like most websites, we also use cookies. But don't worry, we only use them for your login and statistics.