DISCUSSION

Beta 3 Release notes

2 people are following

Hi - I see Beta3 was released, only found out about it by refreshing the projects page. I couldn't find a post about it or what changed - but I did install it and after messing around a bit, I saw in the blog posting that there is a way to map sensors via the GUI. I finally found it after looking around under the settings section. I'm not very clear on how this works. Seems to add sensors I still need to add channels to the theme-config file but it ignores some of it and depending on what you select in the GUI it adds it to a new file called channelmappings? 

Replies 1 - 1 (1)

Hey @narkotic,

basically we have the following channels in the app:

• General channels we try to best guess (named)
  • Custom widget channels you can configure yourself in the app for the dashboard in the app
  • Theme dependent channels a theme can add at runtime with its theme-config.js (named)

Since general and theme channels might be wrong in various setups, due to their best guess approach with how the label could be named by a data source, we added the feature to map them. This is possible because these channels have a name that does not change. For example general channels are always named like general_processor_usage, general_graphics_temperature, …. Theme channels also receive a name from the theme developer that won't change e.g. mytheme_graphics_vram

These named channels will pop up in the settings page that you found and you change choose the sensor directly for them, if there is a matching sensor. This way you will change the best guess channel to a id based channel that will retrieve exactly the sensor that you chose, making it more precise for your setup. These mappings will be written to the channelmappings json file.

On a side note, only general and custom channels will be in the channels.json, theme channels are added at runtime and will not be written there, since they disapprear if no device is using the theme.

Login to comment

Login
Like most websites, we also use cookies. But don't worry, we only use them for your login and statistics.