REPORT AN ISSUE

Can't reinstall mobros desktop app.

2 people are following

About a month after installing windows 11 and configuring my modbros to work with everything it stopped working. I could see it running in the background with through task manager. It was not in my system tray as a running program though. I restarted and did the basic troubleshooting. Then decided to uninstall and reinstall based on a similar issue  I found online. However, now when I got to download the newest version of the software from modbros website it just flashes the name on the screen for a moment and then turns off. It is showing in my task manager but again not in my system tray and I can't do anything with it. I have ended its task and tried restarting the process but it does the same thing. I have also tried downloading the software multiple times.

9472104f-6872-442c-9444-b6cf99ae1f36.ee851716.png
Replies 1 - 2 (2)

Hi @Nephril, have you tried renaming the C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\MoBro_Local folder to something different like MoBro_Local_Backup and then start the application? Maybe there is a corrupt settings file somewhere. If that helps you can then copy your layouts from the backup folder back to the newly created MoBro_Local folder.

If that doesn't help, can you check if there is something in the C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\MoBro\error….log files?

Ah, the folder was hidden and when I updated to windows 11 it set the default to not show hidden folders again. Thank you I found it and just deleted everything now I can reinstall

Login to comment

Login
Like most websites, we also use cookies. But don't worry, we only use them for your login and statistics.