REPORT AN ISSUE

Cannot Find Hotspot

5 people are following

Hello, I flashed the latest version of the software onto my SD card, from the main boot everything looks Ok, then when it gets to the “connect to the following hotspot” page, I cant connect to the hotspot from any phone or laptop. I tried powering off and on a few times, no luck. Anything I can try?

Replies 1 - 6 (6)

Hi @Soundagent 

So just that I get it right: the hotspot is actually created and you can also see it on your phone and laptop? But you can't connect to it?

Seraksab

Hi @Soundagent 

So just that I get it right: the hotspot is actually created and you can also see it on your phone and laptop? But you can't connect to it?

Hello, It says it is created on the Pi, gives me the instrustions to go to the IP on my mobile device, but when I go to the IP on my mobile devices, it times out and nothing comes up.

Just to make sure: you did connect to the hotspot before trying to connect to the IP on your mobile device, right?

If yes, could you please disable mobile data before you connect to the hotspot and try again?

Seraksab

Just to make sure: you did connect to the hotspot before trying to connect to the IP on your mobile device, right?

If yes, could you please disable mobile data before you connect to the hotspot and try again?

I apologize, I wasnt connecting to the hotspot. I connected and was able to get to the config wizard.

Thank You!!

Hey … 

i dont wanna open the next Topic with a similar Problem, so i post it with in this Post. 

I had ModBros (Image: mobro_v11_1.7z) running since 1-2 Months or so .. frist it works pretty fine but then the Raspberry (3B+) says sometimes on the Display i had to connect to the Setup again. So i checked with my Phone the Wlans but there wars no Modbro Hotspot, then i just restarted the Pi and it wars fine again.  (i dont turn the Raspberry off, i just check with a Script "If GamingPC is there then enable HDMI - If not Disalbe HDMI)

Then i added a script that the Pi will reboot if he cant ping my Router anymore, this works also fine for while. Today the Pi just say he cant find a Modbro Server .. so i restarted the Pi multiple times without success then i removed the “Internet block” in my Router (Fritzbox) from the Pi and it starts working again. 

Because the Pi has now internet access, I wanted to install updates on the Pi (sudo apt-get Update / sudo apt-get Upgrade), one Update for the Chrome wars failing. 

After a reboot the Pi wars not booting anymore, so i reimaged the SD-Card … since them i cant connect to the Hotspot from the Pi. 
My Phone trys to connect and just disable and enable the Wlan without a Message, my Windows 10 Client reports “cant connect to network”. 

Then i switched the SD-Card over to my 2nd Raspberry (3B+) with the same results, it seems to work fine with Lan. 

Any guesses?

Login to comment

Login
Like most websites, we also use cookies. But don't worry, we only use them for your login and statistics.