DISCUSSION

Dual PC setup (Ethernet only), Two ModBros Monitors (Wifi)

3 people are following

I'm a stranger to how networking works. But basically, my home has wireless networks, and my gaming room has two PCs that are connected directly to my ISP's router. How would each of my ModBros monitor locate both of my PC's if they are only on Ethernet and not connected to the wifi? 

Replies 1 - 3 (3)

Hey @RasterCaster,

The MoBro Client (Raspberry Pi or Android app) searches inside the local network for a running MoBro Windows Application with the same PC Network Name that can be configured inside both apps. It does not matter if your PC is connected via Ethernet or WiFi as long as they are controlled by the same router i.e. are in the same network as the Client. 

So if you have two PC's you would currently need two MoBro Clients that are connected to the same local network (WiFi or Ethernet) to view each MoBro Dashboard. 

I'm saying currently because there are already plans for having only one client that can display information from two PC-Systems. Though this is still very much work on our side it and our focus is currently on improving customization and adding more data it might take some time.

GhosTz

Hey @RasterCaster,

The MoBro Client (Raspberry Pi or Android app) searches inside the local network for a running MoBro Windows Application with the same PC Network Name that can be configured inside both apps. It does not matter if your PC is connected via Ethernet or WiFi as long as they are controlled by the same router i.e. are in the same network as the Client. 

So if you have two PC's you would currently need two MoBro Clients that are connected to the same local network (WiFi or Ethernet) to view each MoBro Dashboard. 

I'm saying currently because there are already plans for having only one client that can display information from two PC-Systems. Though this is still very much work on our side it and our focus is currently on improving customization and adding more data it might take some time.

Hi, is there any update on this? I also have two gaming computers on the same network, I would like to view their temps on a single mobro raspberry pi

Hey @L13S,

this feature is currently not on the roadmap. 

We are close to a release of custom data plugins where you could code such a feature, but we do not have any plans of providing that out of the box currently.

Login to comment

Login
Like most websites, we also use cookies. But don't worry, we only use them for your login and statistics.