DISCUSSION

Ghost image on hdmi screen

2 people are following

I have 7inch waveshare hdmi screen running from a raspberry pi 3 b+ and when i have the monitor software running a ghost image appears behind it, so if I was to change themes the old theme would remain translucent in the back with the new theme on top. You can see both images and after 20 ish minutes the white fades to grey. Any idea on whats causing this? is it the raspberry pi or screen ?

Replies 1 - 4 (4)

Hey @Hismocha,

I'm pretty sure that this is a hardware related issue. Sounds like the typical screen burn-in that happens over time depending on your display quality. You can read more here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Screen_burn-in

~ Mike

Hey mike,

I dont thinks that the case as this a brand new screen out the box.

What i found was when i left it for 24 hrs and plugged the monitor into my gpu on my pc the screen was fine no 2 images/screen flashing. I watched youtube videos and everything worked like it should for the screen. I turned off screen plugged the raspberry pi with the modbros software on it and then 2 images happened. So i turned off the screen, connected it back to my pc and the screen was flashing and i could see faintly the boot log from the raspberry pi and the modbros symbol even though its not connected to the pi at all.  

GhosTz

Hey @Hismocha,

I'm pretty sure that this is a hardware related issue. Sounds like the typical screen burn-in that happens over time depending on your display quality. You can read more here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Screen_burn-in

~ Mike

sorry forgot to quote the above message 

Hismocha

Hey mike,

I dont thinks that the case as this a brand new screen out the box.

What i found was when i left it for 24 hrs and plugged the monitor into my gpu on my pc the screen was fine no 2 images/screen flashing. I watched youtube videos and everything worked like it should for the screen. I turned off screen plugged the raspberry pi with the modbros software on it and then 2 images happened. So i turned off the screen, connected it back to my pc and the screen was flashing and i could see faintly the boot log from the raspberry pi and the modbros symbol even though its not connected to the pi at all.  

Oh that's weird. You could try the official Paspbian Pi Os and see if the issue consists.

Login to comment

Login
Like most websites, we also use cookies. But don't worry, we only use them for your login and statistics.