QUESTION

Got new ISP, cannot connect.

2 people are following

Help.  I just had to switch from spectrum to at&t.  Apparently the att system is acting as a router and not just a modem like my spectrum hardware did.

As a result my ASUS router has moved all of its internal addresses to 192.168.2.x instead of 192.168.1.x

Had to change settings for all of my ip cameras, and other devices.

The address for my raspberry pi with modbros was 192.168.1.106:42100, but now it has changed to 192.168.2.106:42100.

I don't know how to either get into the pi and tell it to go to the new address, or to make my router use the old ip addresses everythign is setup for.

I don;t really want to reinstall linux on the pi just to change an address…

Help?

thanks

Replies 1 - 2 (2)

Hi @Eternally Frugal 

I suspect you're talking about having configured your Raspberry Pi to use your PCs static IP address to connect.

You can just open the configuration page of your Raspberry Pi again and change the configured static IP address:
Just type the IP address of your Raspberry Pi into a browser (on a device that's connected to the same network, e.g. your PC) and you should be back on the configuration page
No need to reinstall the whole image

Well, I played around with it.  Nothing I did allowed me to access my raspberry pi.  Now I have not touched it I'm nearly 2 years so I was using an older version,  12.x I think….

After formatting and installing the latest copy I can do everything that would have helped me before, like access the pi by going to its ip address. 

Thanks for everything 

Login to comment

Login
Like most websites, we also use cookies. But don't worry, we only use them for your login and statistics.