REPORT AN ISSUE

GPU thermometer icon gets stuck on

posted by
Snafu
in Themes .
2 people are following

I really like your project so far.

Once glitch I'm seeing is this. I noticed that when using the dubbadhar theme there's an issue with the GPU temp. When the temp gets up, I think around 70c, a little thermometer icon flashes in the upper right. That's fine. But once the temps return to normal (in the 40's) the icon still continues to flash and never goes away. I have to switch themes to clear it.

Replies 1 - 2 (2)

Hi @Snafu 

Which Raspberry Pi are you using?
And do you have a heatsink installed on it and/or is it in a place where there's enough air ventelation?

Because the thermometer icon is not part of the theme, but most likely an overlay from the Pi itself.
Check out here: Firmware warning icons

The dubbadhar theme is rather CPU intensive on the Pi due to all the graphs that are being rendered.
So switching themes clears the icon because the Pi temperature is lowered again.

You are correct. 

I did a test with a hair dryer blowing on it (Raspberry  pi 3B) and the thermometer icon started flashing. Then I turned a small fan on the Rpi to cool it down and the icon went away. I had no idea the Rpi did this when it had a display mounted.

I'll order some heatsinks for it.

Thanks!

(Looking forward to the SDK)

Login to comment

Login
Like most websites, we also use cookies. But don't worry, we only use them for your login and statistics.