DISCUSSION

Have couple of questions and hope someone can help.

2 people are following

After watching on YouTube regarding the Monitoring CPU Stats. Posted the link of the video.

I have some questions and hope to find answers. I first planned on just doing the HDMI thing from the GPU but it bugs me because of the wires and I need the HDMI ports as well. Sorry for being a newbie but here goes:

1.) After the flash and set up and everything. Does the raspberry Pi needs to be attached on the back of the LCD monitor? 

Or I can already disassemble it? I'm planning to put the LCD inside the CPU.

2.) If doing so, How about the HDMI? Where will I plug it? What cables to be used?

3.) If I shutdown the CPU will it also turn off by itself?

4.) When I turn on the CPU, should I set it up again? Or the LCD monitor is just dedicated to the Hardware monitoring stuff?

I hope to get answers and ask more questions if I need to. Thanks for the help.

I find it more interesting just to see the LCD monitor runs just by using the inside components of the CPU and not putting extra wires on the outside and especially using one of GPU's HDMI port. 

Replies 1 - 5 (5)

Im not sure what you mean? The raspberry pi has to be connected to the LCD you want to display the stats on. You dont need to use your pc gpu for that, thats what the pi is for.

Ok. Noted on that. How about when i turn on my computer? Does it configure by itself,  dedicated to the cpu monitoring stats? or i have to configure it again? Like open the app etc. 

If you use their raspberry pi image it just boots right up and connects to the PC application, settings are stored on the pc so wont need to reconfigure anything.

Ok. thanks for the reply. Just waiting for my PI to arrive. 

Login to comment

Login
Like most websites, we also use cookies. But don't worry, we only use them for your login and statistics.