DISCUSSION

How to get standard 7" RPi display working

3 people are following

I need to get just the standard raspberry pi 7" display that connects to the RPi via a ribbon cable working. I read the instructions on where to find drivers in the modbros image. But the plain old RPi display is not listed, as far as I can tell.

Replies 1 - 5 (5)

OK, after a bit of fiddling I discovered that the standard 7" display appears to work without having to load drivers.

However, when using the dubbadhar theme (the best theme IMHO) the bottom 20% of the screen is cut off.  Is there a way to fix this?

Also, I've been playing around with adding additional "widgets". When I do, I see them on the desktop display in the modbros app. But these widgets never appear on the RPi display. Other than changing themes, nothing I do on the desktop appears to effect the RPi's display. What am I missing?

OK, I've since seen another thread in the "Theme" section that is where I should have posted my issues. I will be using the theme thread instead

I am also having the same issue with my 7" display cutting off a large portion of the screen. Is there a way to fix it with a cmd?

mitchr46 blog.reply.wrote:

I am also having the same issue with my 7" display cutting off a large portion of the screen. Is there a way to fix it with a cmd?

Yes. There's a solution posted in another forum thread for themes here by "Ghostz".

Theme thread

Glad to hear you got everything working.

We've updated the app to Beta2 that will fix the cutting off problem for everyone now.

I'll close this topic.

Topic has been closed.
Like most websites, we also use cookies. But don't worry, we only use them for your login and statistics.