QUESTION

Image file corrupt

6 people are following

I have downloaded the PC software and it is working properly. Everytime I download the Pi Image file and flash it to my sd card it becomes corrupted and the Pi no longer boots. It boots properly with the basic Pi OS but once I flash the Mod Bros Image file it becomes corrupt and windows needs the sd card to be formatted before use. I have tried this with multiple sd cards and 3 different sd readers. Also I am using the recommended etcher program to flash the file. Any help would be appreciated.

Replies 1 - 10 (10)

Hi @yuuuuuuuup 

We've heard from quite a few people already that they have problems flashing the image with etcher. I guess we will have to look into this

Could you try using the Raspberry Pi Imager instead to flash the image and check if it works with that?

I have also tried flashing it through Raspberry Pi Imager and it gives an error stating the file is not a bootable image.

Did you extract the 7zip file before flashing?

Hmm, that's weird…

Could you please post a screenshot of the error you're getting?

It says flash failed during  verification for me, but it still works without problem.

I set myself up today and I had no issues with any verification or corruption. I used RPi Imager to flash. The features I have been using seem to work fine.

(just thought I would add in my recent experience)

whenever i flash the software to the sd card and then put it in the raspberry pi 4 it says boot failed and that was when i used balena etcher. when i used raspberry pi imager it still didnt work and said Error extracting archive, current client reader does not support seeking a device. Any solution

Have you tried flashing the raspberry pi os lite and see if it boots? 

I'm getting verification failed as well when flashing with Balena Etcher. Pi zero W won't boot at all with this image. Boots fine with RaspBian etc

Login to comment

Login
Like most websites, we also use cookies. But don't worry, we only use them for your login and statistics.