REPORT AN ISSUE

Issues with connecting to desktop app

4 people are following

I use a raspberry pi 4 and it is unable to connect to the desktop app for some reason. It is able to connect to the wifi and I have attempted connecting through both wi-fi and ethernet. I have tried connecting through both the search function and the direct IP search, both proved unsuccessful. I have allowed outgoing and incoming connections through public and private networks on the firewall and still wasn't able to connect. I also tried changing the network name a couple of times but that didn't work either. Any suggestions?

Replies 1 - 7 (7)

Hi @NorwegianChaos 

that sounds like there might be some network issue
although it's rather strange given that you enabled both firewall rules and even tried over ethernet

could you connect to your wifi network with your phone (or notebook) and just open this in a browser: [YOUR_PC_IP_ADDRESS]:42100

just so we can check if your PC is indeed reachable or not
does it open up the MoBro monitoring screen or do you get an error?

Ok, then the problem most likely isn't on the raspberry pi side.

Which kind of error so you get? And also just to make sure, you did insert the correct ip address of your PC within your network?

When you open the MoBro application on your PC, please go to the ‘connected devices’ tab and click on ‘open in browser’ on the top right. Does the monitoring screen open correctly or do you also get an error here?

I'm having a similar issue. Though I am able to go to [my IP]:42100 and the app displays. My Pi 3 just keeps saying unable to locate. I've also tried automatic and static IP. 

It works if I go through the “open in browser” and I double-checked the IP address and it still didn't work. The error code is that my IP address refused to connect.

Hmm that's weird..

I guess you are trying to set this up in your home network. So if it's possible, could you both try to temporarily disable the firewall in windows just for a few minutes and try if it works this way.

If it does, we would know that there seems to be an issue with our firewall rules.

But remember to turn the firewall back on again afterwards. This is just for testing and you shouldn't be running with a disabled firewall!

Also you are both running Windows 10 right?

Hello, i had the same problem, i re made the SD-card and now it works fine, also without disabling or Adding rule to firewall!

Login to comment

Login
Like most websites, we also use cookies. But don't worry, we only use them for your login and statistics.