REPORT AN ISSUE

MoBro Configuration not working

2 people are following

Hello there i have ran previous versions of this application on my raspberry pi3 with no issues.

fast forward and i tried installing v12 and it stays stuck on the mobro configuration with an address i need to visit for setup but it just says connection timed out every time i try the setup process.

i have also tried directly plugging in my ethernet and it still says i need to visit address

i even tried a method i read on here about port 42100

i just installed v 12_2RC and still nothing im not sure what i am doing wrong here for it not to be working thank you for your time

Replies 1 - 4 (4)

Hi @appleofmydroid 

Did you connect to the wireless hotspot created by the Raspberry Pi before trying to open said address on which you get a timeout?

If yes and you're using your mobile phone to do so:
Try to disable regular mobile data on your phone while connected to the Pis wifi hotspot.

Hey thanks for the Reply when I installed the last image 12_2rc I put it in my raspberry pi and then waited for it to boot it tells me I need to connect to this Hotspot the pie created at 192..168.4.1 

but for whatever reason I can not connect to that address and I tried using my laptop to connect to that address with no luck when I get home I will refresh image again and then turn off mobile data and try that method.

Thanks for your time this project was awesome when it was working thanks for your hard work 

I think you're misunderstand

You need to connect to the Wifi hotspot created by the Pi (SSID: MoBro_Configuration) before trying to go to 192.168.4.1
The IP 192.168.4.1is only valid within that specific wifi network

Oh my lord!!! you are right it just smacked me in the face after you said that I don't kow why my brain didn't comprehend that i am terribly sorry you are correct i missed a step and i apologize for making this utterly dumb post now again thanks for your help and sorry

Login to comment

Login
Like most websites, we also use cookies. But don't worry, we only use them for your login and statistics.