DISCUSSION

MoBro monitoring without dedicated browser

2 people are following

Hi everyone,

I would like to present you my first creation related to the world of ModBros and more specifically the MoBro application. This application consists in visualizing the theme chosen for your MoBro application directly from it, without having to dedicate a browser for that, and in a totally automated way.

The code is very simple, but it's a lifesaver considering the use I have of MoBro.

https://github.com/jgrunder/mobro-monitoring-cs

Feel free to suggest improvements and participate in the project :)

This concerns Windows users only and who use one of their monitor connected to their computer as a performance monitor.

Replies 1 - 4 (4)

Hi @HighDeSt_FR 

thanks a lot for taking the time to put this together!

This actually does exactly what we already talked about internally as something we could add in a future version.
Just configuring which connected screen you want to use as a dedicated MoBro screen, enabling autostart and you're done. Simple as that and no other programs required :)

Also thanks for writing such a detailed ReadMe. I guess this will save us from going through the same endeavor of trying with the default Win10 browser integration just to realize its still using Internet Explorer…

Only problem might be that most of our windows application isn't actually written in C#. So we will have to see if we can integrate Chrome and CEF the way you did.
But that's certainly a good point to start looking and tinkering. 

Hello,

I'm glad to see that you like my idea!

Maybe we should try to find an alternative solution to the CEF and Chromium libraries because the program alone is more than 300 MB. And according to the information I could find on the Internet, it is not expected that the size of the compiled libraries will ever decrease.

Anyway I can try to find libraries compatible with your programming language. What is it? C++ ?

How soon do you think you will be able to integrate this functionality into your software? Because if it takes several months (which I fully understand :) ) I can continue to improve this program (which I use myself on my current setup) but if you think you can do it by the end of November then I'm waiting for the update.

Yeah that sounds a bit big to ship with our application. We haven't looked into it in that detail yet to be honest.

The service running in the background that gathers all the monitoring data from the different sources is indeed written in C#.
But the main application including all of the UI stuff is mainly based on Ember and Electron. And so we would have to handle this dedicated MoBro window there i guess.

Regarding the timeframe, we pretty sure won't be able to do it within November.
We're currently still working on the theme customization feature and the new theme SDK that we'll release alongside. That is currently our priority and we want to finish that before we start adding additional features. 
And of course there's also other stuff going on in the background keeping us busy that also needs to be dealt with..

Hi @Seraksab 

OK understand no problem, I'll improve a little bit the code and add some features, they will probably help you for your future new version that will include this feature ;)

Login to comment

Login
Like most websites, we also use cookies. But don't worry, we only use them for your login and statistics.