REPORT AN ISSUE

ModBros Monitoring Service not running

4 people are following

Hi, 

first of all: THANKS for that awesome App ;)

Used it in my older build with no issues. 

Now im setting up a new rig and i ran into some troubles. 

The App wont display any values and says the ModBros Monitoring Service is not running. But it is ;) I checked it with “services.msc” and its displayed there. A restart of the service wont help either. HWInfo is insalled an in Sensor only. 

Anybody with simmilar issues ? Is there anything i can try further ? 

Thanks in advance 

Replies 1 - 15 (15)

Hi @Caretaker 

Thanks for the kind words and glad to hear you're liking the app :)

Are you only having issues with values from HWiNFO or the other data plugins as well?
I.e. can you select values from Open or LibreHardwareMonitor?

Hey, thanks for the quick response. Nope, sadly no values are show. Neither Hwinfo, nor libre or openhw ;(  

I am having the same issue, but i noticed this after Windows 20H2 update.  Which might have corrupted Nividia, Mail app, sounds application, search bar and various other apps.

New build, fresh install within the last 3 weeks, everything was worrking well up untill 2-3days ago

mobro is working in backroung but widget bottom right is not showing, opening the program is impossible even with uninstall and reinstall. firewalls/realtime are turned off for testing purposes.

I have done a fresh install of all nividia apps it now works, thus sound works again too

mail does not work app crashes on start up, still working on this

same thing happens with mobro.(basically the app flashes like it will start up then closes)

searchbar options on windows does not work properly also

@Caretaker so you said the service is shown as running in window's service control panel, right?
could you please try to call ‘http://localhost:42001/api/sensors/data’ in a browser and see if you get any response?

if that also doesn't return anything, please go to ‘C:\Users\[USER]\AppData\Local\MoBro_Local’
there should be the ‘ModBrosMonitoringService.exe’
now stop the running ‘ModBros Monitoring Service’ in services.msc and then right click in the ‘ModBrosMonitoringService.exe’ and run it as administrator
if that's successful, a console window should pop up. do you get any error displayed there or is it running normally this way?

@Ham that doesn't sound that great.. :/
it's a bit odd though. I'm already running the 20H2 update for quite some time now and also using an Nvidia GPU and I didn't have a problem yet

after uninstalling MoBro, you could check if there are any files left in ‘C:\Users\[USER]\AppData\Local\MoBro’ or ‘C:\Users\[USER]\AppData\Local\MoBro_Local’
If yes, delete them manually and try to re-install MoBro again. could be that some corrupted settings files, etc. weren't deleted and are causing problems

Hope you are able to sort out all of those issues!

The response to ‘http://localhost:42001/api/sensors/data’ :

4fafa0c3-84d3-4d0e-ac0e-8ed512019351.ee851716.png

I have both folders 

145c1d9e-1f7c-413d-bc76-9089d0adbcf8.ee851716.png

If i run the “ModBrosMonitoringService.exe” in MoBro_Local a console window pops up, but closes atomatically in seconds. 

Reinstalling everything didnt work either. 

Played around with it last night a lot, and i got it to work on one reboot. Sadly after another reboot it was gone again ^^ Didnt change anything in between ;(

Alright, that doesn't look good ?

So the service is in fact running (as shown in services.msc) but you can't get any data from it because an error occurs when trying to.. :/
So that's why you're getting those ‘service not running’ error message, as the app can't get any data from the service

Do you have anything from AquaComputer connected to the PC via USB? Most likely a pump or anything?
From the message you posted, it seems like the error is thrown when LibreHardwareMonitor is trying to access something from AquaComputer

If yes and it's not too much of a hassle, could you test unplugging the USB connection to see if that's indeed the cause of the problem?

I got a Aquastream Pump and a Aquero Control unit connected per usb. 

Plugging out the pump did the trick ^^ Everything is working, thanks a lot for your time. 

Now i just have to connect the pump to the control unit directly and set up the layout. 

P.S.: Thats the build im using the ModBros monitor in 

7e515bc5-1d60-431d-ac1a-cf1fdfc80b97.ee851716.jpg

hi, its me again ;)

sadly connecting the pump directly to the aquabus will result in a loss of funtionality. ( + I f*cked my current pump by doing it the wrong way,  replacement is on the way ^^)

Is there another way to fix this issue ? 

Thanks in advance

Wow, that's a really sick PC. Nice!

No, sadly there's no another way for you to fix this issue. That's an error that I will have to handle in code.
I'll take a look at it and hopefully I'll be able to provide you an updated and fixed service in the next few days

Wow. thanks a lot ;)

U said the problem is caused by LibreHardwareMonitor right ? shouldnt deinstalling work ? Cant try atm as i have no working pump ^^ 

HWInfo can read out all the things i need, it even provides the sensor values of the aquero controller.

No sadly not :/ 

Currently the Libre- and and OpenHardwarMonitor libraries are directly included in our service and therefore you can't uninstall or disable them at the moment.
We already planned moving to a plugin based approach that will enable you to add and remove them as you see fit. But that will still take quite some time until its ready as we're basically completely rebuilding the whole service.

So for the meantime I'll have to handle that error in a way that one failing data source doesn't cause the whole service to fail but you'll still get the data from the other available sources.
Well, should have been this way from the start actually ^^

Alright, so I've just uploaded an updated version of the service here that should fix the problem for you.

1. Close the MoBro desktop app and stop the ‘ModBros Monitoring Service' in services.msc
  2. Go to ‘C:\Users\[USER]\AppData\Local\MoBro_Local’
  3. Replace the ‘ModBrosMonitoringService.exe’ with the new one
  4. Restart the service + MoBro
  5. Check ‘http://localhost:42001/version’ in your browser to verify that 1.0.17 is returned

You won't have any data from LibreHardwareMonitor, but you should be able to use HWiNFO without problems
We will also include this fix in the next future MoBro app release, so you can then just normally update the app and don't need to worry about keeping this service version

Hope this solves your issue :)

Thanks a lot ! Thats what i call service :)=

New pump should be here tomorrow, will try it then and give you feedback. 

Works like a charm ;)=

TY very much. 

1.0.17 is returned. 

Now i have to start working on my layout ^^

No problem, just fixing the bugs in my own code ;P

Glad to hear it's working for you now!

Login to comment

Login
Like most websites, we also use cookies. But don't worry, we only use them for your login and statistics.