FEATURE REQUEST

Multiple WiFi-Networks

2 people are following

Hi I love your project! However im am looking for a feature that may or may not already exist. That is multiple WiFi-Networks. I quite frequently move my PC to a different location and therefore am connected to a different LAN. Is it possible, or planned to set up multiple WiFi-Networks to have the application work at two locations without running the setup wizard each time?

Replies 1 - 1 (1)

Step 1 - Disabling OverlayFS (only on V12)

First you should know your ways around SSH.

Please know one IMPORTANT step if you have v12 (no need if it’s on v11) is to make sure you have the OverlayFS disabled before you make changes to the contents of the SDCard on the RPi.

To do this you have to first open the Terminal on your Mac OS and connect to your Pi over SSH.
On Windows you can use WinSCP to access your Pi through SSH.

For the SSH credentials just use modbros as the username with password modbros.

524b59f1-7657-4616-a5c5-3abe8c6df7ea.png

Once you logged onto the Pi via SSH, the welcome screen  will be shown which also introduces you to the commands required to manage OverlayFS.

Simply execute set_root_configurable

This will disable OverlayFS and also the MoBro service itself. To do this the Raspberry Pi will reboot once.

After the reboot, connect again via SSH and because we also need to allow write operations to the boot partition, execute set_boot_configurable to do that, no reboot required. 

Step 2 - Editing the wpa_supplicant

In SSH terminal type sudo nano /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf and add priority=1 under the first network wpa info and priority=2 under your second network wpa info. Your file should now look similar to this:

ctrl_interface=DIR=/var/run/wpa_supplicant GROUP=netdev
update_config=1

network={
    ssid="FIRST NETWORK NAME"
    psk="FIRST NETWORK PASSWORD"
    priority=1
}

network={
    ssid="SECOND NETWORK NAME"
    psk="SECOND NETWORK PASSWORD"
    priority=2
}

CTRL+X to exit and save your configuration.

Step 3 - Enable OverlayFS and restart your RPi

Go back to the terminal and through SSH to your RPi execute the set_default  command. Yout RPi should restart.

Login to comment

Login
Like most websites, we also use cookies. But don't worry, we only use them for your login and statistics.