DISCUSSION

No Fan data

5 people are following

Awesome work guys: I am sure your Pi monitoring solution will become very popular.

Would you happen to know why all of the fan values are all stuck at 0%? And yes, the fans are spinning. :-)  Thanks!

• I also tried HWINFO source, and although the fan speeds work fine within HWINFO, they do not work in your app either.
44c34bc5-fa0d-4f7f-837f-c19759d45eba.ee851716.jpg
Replies 1 - 6 (6)

Problem solved

In HWiNFO, I was able to get it to work, but I had to go into the BIOS to have the fans turn at a slow speed (350 RPM) rather than zero when the temps are cool. Once I did that, all of the fans were visible in HWiNFO, and were also visible within the mod-bros app as well (in Windows and on the remote Raspberry Pi)

• Note: There is an option to report all the fan info within HWiNFO even if the fans are off, but that did not seem to work.
  • I confirmed that the fix above also works in Aida64 too.
  • I confirmed that it still does not work with Open Hardware or Libre Hardware.
  • My motherboard is a newer MSI Z490 Unify

And congrats on the Beta v10. Works flawlessly.

Ever since version 7.02 of HWInfo, sensor data is no longer shared for longer than 30 minutes unless you get the paid version. You'll need v6.xx for it to work properly.

@Michel_K17 
Thanks for the kind words, really glad to hear! :)
And also thanks for the detailed description about that fan speed issue. Definitely nice to know.

@ModdedBro 
Yes the shared memory usage was limited in the free version starting from 7.00
We've summarized the changes here.

I got same issue like that.

Why open hardware and libre hardware detect all date except cpu fan?

I don't want to run HWinfo on the backstage.

Any solution can do it without HWinfo?

@Howard 

Open- and LibreHardwareMonitor are two open source monitoring tools, they are not developed or maintained by us.

MoBro is just displaying the data it gets from those.
If they are not able to detect or read your CPU fan, there's really not much we can do.

The only solution at the moment would be using a different data source (at the moment HWiNFO or Aida64) that has the data you are looking for.

Hi, I have an odd problem with FAN data

The fan control reporting through modbros is all at 0

7c15c1e2-a333-4b59-8efb-a78614e57fa3.ee851716.png

when i look at open hardware monitor , it shows different

is there a config or something i can change?

1d3a23c9-9b58-4a53-8436-11ba9649903c.ee851716.png

Login to comment

Login
Like most websites, we also use cookies. But don't worry, we only use them for your login and statistics.