REPORT AN ISSUE

Pi 4 refuses to use Wifi in web interface or raspi-config

2 people are following

Hi guys

Great project, been looking for something like this for ages, good work!

Hopefully someone has seen something similar, web interface will not let me populate and wifi fields (ssid, wifi key);

Configuring wifi via raspi-config works until a reboot and then the interface is unusable (wifi supplecant error thrown), thereafter only thing I can do is reimage the SD and start from scratch.

Thanks for any advice

Replies 1 - 3 (3)

Hi @JohnVerv 

How did you open the web interface?
Like did you connect to the wifi hotspot the Raspberry Pi created or did you connect the Raspberry by Ethernet to your network and then just used a browser?

Because if you did the latter you don't have to (and also can't) populate the wifi fields because the Raspberry will just use the ethernet connection instead of wifi.

Also you shouldn't use raspi-config on our custom image.
Because applying a new configuration at the end of the config wizard manipulates some of the same files that are also changed by raspi-config. So these might interfere each other

Hi @Seraksab 

Yes I connected via ethernet, I couldnt get a connection any other way but to be honest I didnt consider any hotspot method as I speed-read over that section of setup :(

Just tried it again and saw that with ethernet unplugged the hotspot does come online again afterwards, think I am sorted now

Thanks for the quick reply, looking good now

Glad to hear it works for you now :)

I guess we will add some short explanation text to the wizard to better explain the current network mode (ethernet vs. wifi) of the Raspberry Pi and why certain fields are disabled.
Just to make things a bit clearer and avoid unnecessary confusion.

Login to comment

Login
Like most websites, we also use cookies. But don't worry, we only use them for your login and statistics.