DISCUSSION

Power issues?

2 people are following

Hi there,

is there a known Problem with Power Consumption or anything like that on Raspi 3b+?
I can not start it.. the MoBros Splash Screen shows up and the “power issue” lightning bold shows at any time.
i tried 10 different cables and 5 supplys so any usb slot i can find. nothing works.

i flashed 3 times new and tried different other things.

it will not go further than that splash screen. :(

Replies 1 - 5 (5)

Hi @Blacky 

where did you connect your Raspberry Pi to power it?
A regular USB port on your PC or motherboard will most probably not cut it for the Model 3B+

If you used a charger, please check the amperage it is rated for.
As you can see here in the official documentation, the recommended is 2.5A for a Model 3B+. Although you can normally get by with less than that if no additional USB devices or a screen (via the GPIOs) is attached to it.

Seraksab

Hi @Blacky 

A regular USB port on your PC or motherboard will most probably not cut it for the Model 3B+

As you can see here in the official documentation, the recommended is 2.5A for a Model 3B+. Although you can normally get by with less than that if no additional USB devices or a screen (via the GPIOs) is attached to it.

Seraksab

Hi @Blacky 

"i tried 10 different cables and 5 supplys so any usb slot i can find."

So everything between 700mA and 2A. Different Cable Lengths etc. PC Connections on Board USB 3.2 Gen 2 did not work also..
Maybe my PI is broken :(

well 700mA will definitely not cut it. but 2A should normally be enough

what kind of display are you using? is it connected via HDMI or the GPIOs?
also how long did you wait after the splash screen is shown?

its a GIPO Display.. i dont know the brand anymore. And i waitet 10 cycles.. its is starting over and over. Cycling after the Splash Screen

well, in that case the display is also drawing its power from that same power supply you're using for the Raspberry Pi
so the 2A of your power supply might not be enough afterall

I'd recommend getting a more potent power supply that is rated for at least 2.5A (as is also officially recommended)

Login to comment

Login
Like most websites, we also use cookies. But don't worry, we only use them for your login and statistics.