DISCUSSION

Problem with waveshare 5inch display black screen

3 people are following

Hi ,

i found your project and want to start it with my raspberry pi 3 and a waveshare 5 inch 16:9 800x480 display.
But the display are always black, the software on the raspberry works and i can configurate it and on windows app they show me the pi.

This is my display (https://www.waveshare.com/wiki/5inch_HDMI_LCD_(B) ), i have change the config file to

max_usb_current=1 hdmi_group=2 hdmi_mode=87 hdmi_cvt 800 480 60 6 0 0 0   hdmi_drive=1

but nothing happens, when i use another image in the pi - the display works normal.

any ideas?

Thanks!

Mia

Replies 1 - 12 (12)

Hi @mialu 

Did you select a display driver while going through the configuration wizard?
Did you add those changes to the config.txt file manually (via ssh) or did you add those in the ‘advanced’ section of the configuration wizard?
In case you added those manually yourself: Did you disable the OverlayFS before applying the changes? Because if you didn't, the changes will be lost upon reboot.

Hi,

yes i have select the WaveShare - LCD5-show in the config wizard and add my changes in the config.txt in the advanced section.
But the display are black.. 

*when i load raspberry os and set the config with the parameters above everything works, so i think there is no hardware problem

Update, with your old 11 version in the other post, the display works… 

Ah damn, then it seems to be the same unresolved issue from here… :/

We've now gone ahead and just ordered that exact Waveshare display you linked
I'll have a look at it and start testing once the display arrives

Seraksab

Ah damn, then it seems to be the same unresolved issue from here… :/

We've now gone ahead and just ordered that exact Waveshare display you linked
I'll have a look at it and start testing once the display arrives

yes, ok great :) with the old version it works perfectly

@mialu 

so the display arrived and I already did some testing with a Pi 3 B+ and v12.3 of the image

I've only selected the 'WaveShare - LCD5-show' display driver in the configuration wizard
nothing else, also no custom settings in the advanced section

after applying the configuration and waiting for the Pi to reboot twice (!), the display works just fine for me

how long did you wait after applying your configuration?
also when using the old v11 image, did you manually add those additional values to the config.txt file as well?

Hey @Seraksab ,

mh my PI3B and the v12.3 makes black screen.
I don´t see anything after first start, then i configurate it via iphone and selcect WaveShare - LCD5-show and restart - black.
Same with add my parameters in the config section.

*with the v11 the screen goes on at the first start.

I make a picture from my screen - is that the same?

982faf74-47fe-416e-b72f-fa0cc659b9ea.jpg

I do not get an image on the first boot either.
But after configuring the Waveshare LCD5-show driver and waiting for the Raspberry Pi to reboot twice, the screen works just fine.

Do you do anything else after hitting the ‘Apply’ button in the configuration?
Are you sure you selected the correct driver? Maybe you selected the ‘GoodTFT LCD5-show’ by accident instead of the Waveshare one?

And yes, the screen appears to be exactly the same.

d93860f9-8928-4fec-89da-a83c0d11acd6.ee851716.jpg

hey sorry, i am busy last weeks, i will try it today

nope, i try it the same way as you, Waveshare LCD 5 Show, nothing else, waiting 30min , available via browser, reboot again, nothing, is there a problem with the raspberry pi 3b?

try to add this in the config

this worked for me

dtoverlay=vc4-kms-v3d

Login to comment

Login
Like most websites, we also use cookies. But don't worry, we only use them for your login and statistics.