DISCUSSION

Protocol description anywhere?

2 people are following

Hi everyone,

for the last few days i have been working on an arduino client, to output specific information from the MoBro Desktop App on an ESP8266 on a tiny oled display. I want to place those small displays everywhere around my case near the components they are monitoring. A lot like the Asus ROG Thor power supply does.

89197e67-30bc-44de-b545-700642898ed5.ee851716.jpg

The benefit of using the ESP8266 instead of a raspberry is, that the hardware is, of course, a lot smaller and super cheap, the boot time is around 1 second and the boards and screens are less power hungry and don't consume much power at all, when there is nothing to display.

I already can read the data from the websocket but it's a bit tedious to go through all of the metric crapton of json manually. Also, i don't know how the output changes with different setups on the PC side. That would be a lot of research. That's why i've shelved the project for now. Are there any API documentations i can work with? That would make my life A LOT easier.

Of course, all of the results will be open source for everyone to use and you are welcome, to include it into the project once it reaches a useable state.

Thanks a lot for the great software and greetings from Bavaria

/Jan

Replies 1 - 2 (2)

Quick follow-up to clarify the plan further:

040a6a67-51e1-4abc-b5a5-a959efaa4634.JPG.jpg

This is, what it could look like. Just a little smaller, single line and white color. And, of course, it would say RTX2080ti. ;)

I have ordered ten of these: https://de.aliexpress.com/item/32661521340.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.72ba4c4dID10Zn I ordered the white 0.91" versions. 

I'll have to work out, how to control more than one at a time but that should be pretty straight forward. A simple muxer or a transistor with individual enable pins or something like that.

Hey @JvPeek,

great idea with the Arduino, when you have custom displays without using the themes we provide. Currently we do not have a documentation for themes since things will change in the future and we have our hands full with those features. 

Since the channel setup that we have won't change, I can provide a short documentation for that in the upcoming days. That should be what you need, since its the way we send data via the socket, how events are named and how the payload is structured. I'll have to dig a little deeper for that though, since we are using Socket.IO for our connections and since you can't use that on the Arduino, I'll have to check how everything is wrapped by that library: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Socket.IO

Login to comment

Login
Like most websites, we also use cookies. But don't worry, we only use them for your login and statistics.