REPORT AN ISSUE

Raspberry pi lost the connection and won't connect again.

2 people are following

Hey guys! I have been trying to get my Pi image to connect to the PC and I am having some difficulty. The network is running fine but I think the PC Network Name doesn't match on the two devices like it needs to and I don't know where to look for the name on the Pi. Is there a way for me to enter into the configuration settings without having to reimage the whole thing?

Replies 1 - 5 (5)

Hi @Collin E. 

Yes, if the Pi is connected to your network, you can always enter the configuration page again by just just typing your Raspberry Pis IP address into the address bar of a browser.

Which version of the Raspberry Pi image are you using?
And did you change the network name in the desktop app, since you already had it working before?

I did change the name when I first set it up. Then I uninstalled the program and reinstalled it. When I reinstalled it, it uses the default network name and I don't remember what I changed it to. 

Also, where do I look for the raspberry image version?

Ah ok, makes sense :)

The version is shown to the bottom right of the configuration page.
I was just asking for the version, so that I'd know where to start looking in case it's a bug or other issue. But since you just simply changed the network name, it shouldn't really matter. 

Were you able to get it up and running again?

I had to reimage with the newest version to get it to allow me to enter the setup. Is there any way to enter into the setup without doing that? I can't enter the setup because it won't broadcast the hotspot. 

Yes, as I already said: If the Pi is connected to your network, you can enter the configuration page again at any time by just typing your Raspberry Pis IP address into the address bar of a browser.

In your case the Pi didn't broadcast the hotspot again, because it was already successfully connected to the network.

Login to comment

Login
Like most websites, we also use cookies. But don't worry, we only use them for your login and statistics.