FEATURE REQUEST

Recommended feature: allow raw data such as JSON via HTML or another protocol

2 people are following

I'd like to suggest a ‘type’ of theme that is not currently possible (as far as i can tell).
I'd like to be able to display my computer data on a raspberry pi Python GUI i have running with things like weather, crypto market today etc. To do this I cant display a HTML page in it as TKinter isn't good at HTML. So my proposal would be to allow all the computer data to be sent via HTML in a JSON object that I could read and custom display inside my TKinter.
obviously the possibilities are endless as JSON can be read by almost any programming languages; things like database storage of long term computer stats, multiple computer tracking on one screen etc.

Replies 1 - 3 (3)

Hi @Rhif Wervl 

that is actually already available, as the MoBro desktop app also pulls in the data via JSON from our background service ;)

check out e.g. http://localhost:42001/api/sensors/data on the PC MoBro is running on for all the available sensor data.
you can also get a brief explanation of all available endpoints directly on http://localhost:42001/

just a precautious warning though:
we are already working on a completely revamped version of the background service that will be more flexible and allow for more data of various kinds.
as part of this, the JSON API will completely change!
we don't have an ETA yet, but once the new service is released, the current API will be gone!

Perfect, Thanks so much!
In that case maybe a simple paragraph under faq/mobro/raspberry/diy-setup and everyone can find it.

Well since we're already working on a complete revamp, we don't want to promote the current API and hence it's not really mentioned anywhere.
Especially since we won't support it once the new one is out.

But yes, once we're done with that it totally makes sense to document it somewhere, so people that want to build their own UI can find it :)

Login to comment

Login
Like most websites, we also use cookies. But don't worry, we only use them for your login and statistics.