REPORT AN ISSUE

Resolution problem

posted by
emedlin
in Themes .
2 people are following

For my OnePlus 6T I have to set the resolution to 861 x 412 to not have white lines or scroll bars.  If I click use device resolution it gives me 891 x 411 with scroll bars.  But, the real question is where do those numbers come from?  The screen resolution of the phone is 2340 x 1080, but that really doesn't look right on the phone.  So, can you tell me why the resolution you enter in the Them Configurator doesn't match the phone's resolution?

Replies 1 - 8 (8)

Hi @emedlin, that is due to how the rendering in web views work. They don't use the actual pixels a screen has on mobile devices but is based on the PPI of the screen, that's why the resolution don't quite match. 

@Dave, can you share the math on how to calculate the resolution you enter.  It seems when you click use device resolution it gets close.  But, I still had to tweak it.

@Dave,  when I click the button to use device resolution it gives me 411x 891 with scroll bars on the phone.  I tweaked it one pixel at a time and ended up at 412 x 861.  This is for a OnePlus 6T if it matters.

@Dave, I just tried it with beta11 and it still gave me 411 x 891, but the phone doesn't have scroll bars anymore.  However, I can drag the screen around on the phone to show the extra space that 411 x 891 gives me.

Hi @emedlin thanks for the details, I will see that we can fix that in the next version.

Hi @emedlin, we have just released a new version 1.0.0-beta12, that should fix the issue you are having with the 1 pixel difference. Just hit the “use device resolution” button in the customization screen :)

@Dave, worked perfectly.  Thanks.

Login to comment

Login
Like most websites, we also use cookies. But don't worry, we only use them for your login and statistics.