REPORT AN ISSUE

Screen Problems? Also very new. Help please!

3 people are following

Followed every step. when i plug it in after everything i get this. I also reformatted my SD and flashed twice. 

IMG_2137.jpg
Replies 1 - 6 (6)

This is the rainbow from the Startup of Raspberry Pi.

Be sure to allow 5-10 minutes for the first startup, it depends on the SD card and the version of the Raspberry.

now im just stuck in a loop… is there anyway we can hop in discord and walk me threw this? 

The problem is the Raspberry Pi Firmware or the SD card.

This rainbow is only show when a SD card is detected and is visible only 1 sec before the boot of OS. 

If is stuck on this, this is a problem with SD card partitions (need to re-copy the image on SD card) or a problem with RPI4. But I not have a RPi4 and can't help to solve issue for this version.

---

Also, check if your screen a special driver. Image is not good since you not have installed the right driver, common with display with GPIO or optimised for RPi.

@David R 

which screen are you using exactly?

because as @levelKro already noted correctly, many of them require a display driver to be installed first

Seraksab

@David R 

which screen are you using exactly?

because as @levelKro already noted correctly, many of them require a display driver to be installed first

rasp pi 7inch 

David R

rasp pi 7inch 

Connect your raspberry pi to a “real tv” with hdmi, you probably see the picture.

After this, in the wizard, look your screen driver.

7c76c61c-e71e-4b11-b1ff-536b9b0edd21.png

Here is one of models available (not limited to), you must consult the user manual or the product webpage for see all details about your display.

The most popular and common drivers package is LCD-show, from GoodTFT : https://github.com/goodtft/LCD-show

---

Other debug solution, is install Raspbian OS (Raspberry OS) and try to boot from them. If your display work, is another problem. If you need to install driver, note the name of driver, is can help for solve the problem with MoBro.

Login to comment

Login
Like most websites, we also use cookies. But don't worry, we only use them for your login and statistics.