QUESTION

struggling to setup screen to native resolution

2 people are following

I am lost how to configure the display resolution. I have a 7" 1024x600 display. 

From what i understand in the manuals i should add something like:

#group and mode here creates a new mode 87 which allows to set manual resolution

hdmi_group=2

hdmi_mode=87

hdmi_drive=1 #Normal DVI mode (no sound)

hdmi_cvt 1024 600 60 6 0 0 0

But when i add this to the config, the resolution stays on 1920x1080. It works, since the screen does support this resolution, but i was just wondering how i can set it to native resolution ( i got it working on the standard raspberry image, but not on modbros).

Btw, if i add this through the advanced feature it will make garbage of the hdmi_cvt line…

Replies 1 - 2 (2)

Hi @pcvdbroek 

When manually editing the config.txt file, please take into account:

1. The config.txt file will be overwritten, whenever you apply the configuration from the web configuration wizard of the image
  2. Our image uses OverlayFS, so make sure to temporarily disable it before making manual changes. Otherwise they will be lost upon reboot

The easiest way to add persistent custom config.txt is indeed to just add them in the ‘Advanced configuration’ step in the web based config wizard.

But please make sure you are using the current v12.2 version published a few days ago
In prior versions there was indeed a bug that messed up some of the custom config.txt additions, which is has now been fixed

Yes, i was aware about the overlayFS. Indeed v12.2 fixes it, so it is easier now. Still not able to get native res though, when i set the manual config i only get blank screen. Oh well, it works on the high res too, so ill just keep using that…

Login to comment

Login
Like most websites, we also use cookies. But don't worry, we only use them for your login and statistics.