QUESTION

Suddenly no access via SSH

2 people are following

Hi

Been using SSH without any problems, but after installing the driver for my screen, I can't access the Pi anymore through SSH. It just says Can't resolve hostname. I've checked if the IP has been changed and checked that it's still on the same network as the computer. Everything looks fine. Anyone tried that?

Replies 1 - 2 (2)

Rebooted a couple of times and now it works again. 

I am having a problem changing settings in my pi zero w. I have been trying to putty/SSH into it and I am starting to get very frustrated. I have tried from my windows command window and I can get in to the pi but then it does not recognize any of my commands I type in. I have tried to putty in and I can never get a connection. I have tried adding an SSH to my boot image and wpa supplicant and the second I start the pi it deletes the files. With putty I have tried the 192.168.4.1 IP address, modbros@raspberrypi.local and about a dozen other permutations. The forum says to use modbros@[YOUR_RASPERRY_IP] and I tried that and all the others I could think of, that did not work. 

After that I tried connecting my keyboard to the pi and getting in that way. The image loads, I put in the modbros id and password, I get in, then before I can do anything, the temperature monitoring program starts up and I lose all ability to access it. No matter how many times I have tried I only have a few seconds before it stops me and runs the program and I have no way to exit the program once it starts up. I know this is ideal for the final setup, but if I need to install a display driver that is not in your automatic list, or if I need to add the ability to SSH from the pi itself  so that I can putty in, I get nowhere. 

I think this app and the service you offer is amazing. I have learned so much about java, ccs, and html just by using it, and I could really use some advice on how to proceed.

Thank you for your time and consideration

Login to comment

Login
Like most websites, we also use cookies. But don't worry, we only use them for your login and statistics.