DISCUSSION

Unable to find my PC

4 people are following

HiHo,

Maybe i´m missing something here but i tried 3 times through the complete manual with a Pi 3B+ and a Zero W+. And on two completely different networks / PC´s.

But both times the Pi doesn´t get through to my PC. It´s always in the loop between searching…

I already tried different names etc. And yes i rebooted both, the pi and the PC´s.

I don´t use any FW and/or antivirus. 

Anything else i can try ?

Replies 1 - 9 (9)

Hey @dam_j,

have you tried installing the inbound rule in the settings of your MoBro app? Settings > Network > Install Inboud rule. Maybe that solves your problem

~ Dave

Both rules are shown as installed.

Hey @dam_j 

could you send us the content of the pi's log to info@mod-bros.com? You can get the log by going to the IP of your pi with your browser with /log (e.g. 192.168.xx.xx/log).

~ Dave

I am now having this issue as well. Following for if/when a solution is posted.

Hi,

I had the same problem with the Pi not finding my PC. I thought it was a problem with the PC Name I'd given it but when I tried connecting to the app via my phones browers it couldn't connect either.

It turned out the issue was my firewall settings. I'd check that both the inbound and outbound rules were installed.

The issue was that for the firewall rule (for MoBro) only the Public network was ticked and not the Private network. Ticked the Private network and everthing is working fine now.

Not sure if this'd help but thought I'd let you know just in case.

Regards,

Thank you, Dadoes! 

I enabled both the Public and Private networks and the Pi was able find my PC.

Hey @Dadoes,

thanks for providing informations on the topic. Could you please send me a screenshot of your windows net rules for MoBro and what you actually changed? I will try to automate the process so this issue will be fixed in the future. Either here or per mail to info@mod-bros.com is fine.

Thanks ~ Dave

Dave,

I've sent the screen shot to the email address. Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Stephen

Thx I'll look into it.

Login to comment

Login
Like most websites, we also use cookies. But don't worry, we only use them for your login and statistics.