REPORT AN ISSUE

v12.2

3 people are following

Hi

Im currently unable to disable then enable OverlayFS, in ssh or the config wizard, as this produces a boot screen lock up ive tried using a pi zero and a pi3A with different SD cards.

if i disable overlayFS to install script for the screen to work and leave it at that it will boot fine but as soon as i re-enable overlayfs again i get the modbros boot screen lock up again. and have to re-flash image.

Im using the hyperpixel screen over gpio.

Replies 1 - 8 (8)

Hi @Polly 

could you please link me the script you are installing for your screen?

https://shop.pimoroni.com/products/hyperpixel-4?variant=12569539706963

"curl https://get.pimoroni.com/hyperpixel4 | bash"

just an update has I have not received any feed back, I messed about for a few hours over the last few nights. If I made any changes in terminal the Pi would become unbootable. I tried this in the config wizard and instead of being unbootable I would just lose the screen. As my screen has the HDMI timing set in the config.txt, I guessed that it was something to do with that as the config file would reset for some reason. knowing this I just copied the whole txt file into the overrides in the wizard and I was able to have everything working with overlayFS enabled.

I haven't had time to really look at the script from your display and test it.

Glad you found a fix for your issue :)
And thanks for taking the time to share it!

Hi. I want to join here. I have the same problem. I'm trying to install the drivers for a Waveshare 3.5inch RPi LCD (B) V2 version. Because the colors are not displayed correctly with the drivers for 3.5inch RPi LCD (B) old version. 

After using set_root_configurable the Rasp gets stuck in a boot screen. 

I am a newbie and don't know how to solve the problem. Is there any way I can get help with my problem? 

My used hardware: 

Raspberry 3 Mod. B + 

Waveshare 3.5inch RPi LCD B V2 over GPIO

I had to do a clean install when I had this issue.

the only way I could get my config to work was to disable overlayFS in the config wizard, install drivers, then copy the boot config into the overrides in the wizard when i was reenabling overlayFS.

I know very little on why this works but my issue may be different to yours. I've had no issues with my setup since.

Hi Polly

With your last description I have now also managed to install the driver correctly.

Thank you very much

Greetings from Oldenburg, Germany

Sandmann

Hi Polly

With your last description I have now also managed to install the driver correctly.

Thank you very much

Greetings from Oldenburg, Germany

I have a feeling there is a bug that not saving the changes to the boot config, but I am glad my experience fixed your issue.

regards

Login to comment

Login
Like most websites, we also use cookies. But don't worry, we only use them for your login and statistics.