REPORT AN ISSUE

Webpage crashes after a while

3 people are following

Hi, the webpage seems to crash after being on for multiple hours. If I leave my PC on overnight, the mobro running on my raspberry 3b+ has crashed the webpage at some point in the night. Reboot through ssh fixes the issue. I haven't tried refreshing the page yet but I'll try that the next time it happens. 

Is this a common issue? Any way to get some logs out to figure out what is causing it if it's not a known issue?

Pic:

55d96c4e-bcd2-4fb0-91c7-39213d71b6c2.ee851716.png
Replies 1 - 10 (10)

Hi @Jereskuta, which theme do you have running on the pi? Could be a memory issue. 

Hey @Dave! I'm using the Dubbadhar theme (not the old version).

I have the same issue occasionally but with a different configuration.  I monitor two different PC's, each in their own iframe within the Node-Red dashboard, running on a Pi4b 4GB in kiosk mode.  Basically it's just two webpages merged into one side-by-side page. I used the Dubbadhar theme as the base and modified it to fit. 

At least once a day, one or the other iframe will fail and blank out with the error message. See the screen cap below. Reloading the page fixes it but it's annoying to have to keep doing.  I'm not sure how to troubleshoot the issue.  

Let me know how I can help figure this out.

TIA

257821d7-f2d8-4779-be1c-e04beb4098ef.ee851716.png

@DamnMyEyes @Jereskuta are you using the old dubbadhar theme which is static? Or are you using the new dubbadhar theme that can be customized via the theme customization?

Could you please also tell me, which version of the app you are using?

@Dave I'm using the Dubbadhar (not old) theme, which I modified, as seen in my screen shot.  I'm using V1.0.0-beta13 on both of my Windows PC's.  I'm NOT using the Raspberry Pi image, just viewing the webpage.

@Dave I suspect the issue is a memory leak, but I'm not sure how to determine exactly what process is causing it.  My configuration (see previous post) is different than @Jereskuta so it's possible our problems aren't related.  I have figured out a work around for now by triggering a page reload when the available system RAM drops below 10%. I'm also logging the available RAM over time to see how fast and often the leak accumulates.  I'll post any updates I find.

Here's a graph of the available ram % on my RPi4b over the last couple days.  My setup is monitoring two Windows 10 PC's via Node-Red dashboard in iframes.  Also on the dashboard is some status info from my Plex server, but that's just basic text.  The NR dashboard runs on Chromium in kiosk mode.  I also have Node-Red monitoring (and logging) the available system RAM which then sends a refresh to the dashboard when it drops below 10%.  As you can see in the graph below, the refresh frees up about 50% of the system RAM.  Clearly there is a memory leak in Chromium, however I don't know how to determine the exact process causing it.  It's possible that the problem is not with ModBros and just a Chromium issue or even a Node-Red problem.  Any advice to further troubleshoot would be greatly appreciated.

a6afea39-df22-488a-ad73-3c17ef318a1e.ee851716.jpg

Hi @DamnMyEyes could you send me your layout? Should be in C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\MoBro_Local\layout\dubbadhar\<layoutname>.json? Just upload it somewhere and post the public link here, then I'll try to reproduce.

@DamnMyEyes thanks!

Login to comment

Login
Like most websites, we also use cookies. But don't worry, we only use them for your login and statistics.