DISCUSSION

Cant fully uninstall

7 people are following

I've decided not to use the Modbros software. 

I uninstalled via windows programs and features.

The app is now gone but I still see ModBros Monitoring service in task manager. 

Its causing problems with my fans, of which switch to max speed for a few seconds every 5 or so minutes.

How do I fully uninstall ?

Thanks 

Replies 1 - 17 (17)

Hey @Sam,

sad to see you go :( Want to give feedback why you uninstalled MoBro? Thanks for the feedback, that the service is not correctly uninstalled, I fixed it for the next version which should be released today. So you could either wait for it to be released then download the new version and uninstall it again or follow the step I describe below. But before that I think the service is not the issue why your fans switch to max speed. As long as MoBro itself is not running, nothing is querying the service, so it won't do anything in the background.

Anyways, here are the steps to uninstall the service without waiting for the new version:

• Open a command line or powershell as admin
  • Go to C:\Users\<youruser>\AppData\Local\MoBro_Local
  • execute “.\ModBrosMonitoringService.exe uninstall” in your elevated command line or powershell

This will uninstall the service correctly

~ Dave

Hey @Sam, the new version (beta9) is now released. You can download it from here, install and uninstall it again. This will then also remove the background service.

Thank you Dave, yes all uninstalled now. 

I think you might be right on the random max speed GPU fan. I've only really noticed it after I installed modbros software. although it may have been doing it before. Its still doing the max speed glitch even after uninstalling modbros. So will have to figure the problem out first and possibly return to using modbros. 

Thanks 

Sam  

I would like to chime in on this. @Sam Are you using a Corsair fan hub of some kind?

I too had my fans maxing out and I found HWinfo64 to be the cause. When I allow HWinfo64 to read my Commander Pro my fans start randomly speeding up, even my voltage readings go buggy. I disabled Corsair support in HWinfo64, restart iCue, and my fans then behave normally. Only the fans controlled by the Commander do this, all the others remain consistent. 

Something worth adding is that the fans only max out to the highest rpm I have in the profiles I created in iCue. When I have them at a static rpm, they are not affected at all. 

I still can't uninstall it, even after the update

10e44f33-77f5-4d74-a465-389ca5eac01b.ee851716.jpg
909bfd46-e940-46e5-a140-caa3176239ad.jpg

@karuya 

calling ‘ModBrosMonitoringService uninstall’ instead of ‘--uninstall’ should do the trick 

although the service should actually be automatically removed when uninstalling the app. I guess we'll have to take a look at that again

any feedback you wanna share on why you are uninstalling?

@Seraksab 

no luck with either of those, when I do “uninstall” it doesn't recognize it as a command. I am uninstaling because I used the app to show hardware info on my old phone as a display in the pc case. The phone is dead for some time now, and I don't use the app anymore.

What error are you getting when just using ‘uninstall’?

We're using Topshelf for the background windows service, so calling it with ‘uninstall’ should actually work.
You can have a look at the topshelf commands here.

I can confirm on the latest installer that the uninstall does not work. It appears in task manager in the startup tab and as a service in services.msc. The uninstaller is also extremely janky. If you try to uninstall from control panel you are given absolutely no indication that the program is or was uninstalled. If you click the refresh button you will see it gone from the control panel list. Also in control panel there's no icon on the app so it appears even more janky.

I had to use an administrative CMD prompt with ‘ sc delete "ModBros Monitoring" ’ and then use Microsoft Autoruns to delete the start menu startup entry. Then I had to do file searches for “modbro” and “mobro” on C:\ using explorer.exe to find all the folders and files that still needed to be deleted.

ecac74a2-695e-4223-aad2-d555f9967f17.png

Hmm seems to be an issue with one of the latest windows updates, we are going to investigate that, thanks for the headsup!

Hey guys, 

we have found the issue with the uninstaller and fixed it in the new version (beta10), check out the details here. Thank you guys for your support!

Still there, doesn't work for me…

karuya

Still there, doesn't work for me…

As a short term fix, get "Geek Uninstaller"

Seem to have trouble with this forum… it cut off my post and trying to edit merges the post with the reply… so…

Geek Uninstaller should help as a workaround. Doesn't need installing, just a lone exe. Re-install modbros, then open up Geek. Select ModBros in the list, and hit enter. This will run the normal uninstall process, followed by a search for “leftovers”. Very effective in my experience. It also has a “force remove” for last resorts, but only use that if you have to.

Hey @karuya,

what do you mean its still there for you? Does the app ask you for admin rights on uninstall? It does need that to remove the service. Does it try to uninstall the app without opening an admin prompt? Have you used the latest version when uninstalling?

I have used the latest version when uninstalling. It does not ask for any admin rights. I am uninstaling it using the windows "add or remove programs" in the settings.

ModdedBro

Seem to have trouble with this forum… it cut off my post and trying to edit merges the post with the reply… so…

Geek Uninstaller should help as a workaround. Doesn't need installing, just a lone exe. Re-install modbros, then open up Geek. Select ModBros in the list, and hit enter. This will run the normal uninstall process, followed by a search for “leftovers”. Very effective in my experience. It also has a “force remove” for last resorts, but only use that if you have to.

It has worked, thank you. No need for "force remove"

Login to comment

Login
Like most websites, we also use cookies. But don't worry, we only use them for your login and statistics.