DISCUSSION

NEW Community Theme!

10 people are following

You want to be part of our very first community theme? Then this is the right place to be! Here you can post your awesome ideas, but before doing that, please read our blog post (especially the guidelines).

bb7c9dce-191c-4d98-9330-edf6f5989cec.png
Replies 1 - 12 (12)

pla do a them that's very universal that will go with alot of colour scheme and very clear use good contrasting so it can been seen clearly on 7inch to 4 inch pls thanks  bigger lettering for gpu cpu labels 

So I'm pretty terrible at mocking things up, but I'll raise a few points that I've thought of over the last little while that I've been using MoBro.

• A clock widget. I'd love to have either the option of including a digital clock or a skinnable analog one. I know you can do this if you're writing the script for a theme, but it's not an option as a widget you can drop into either Dubbadhar or it's ‘new’ variant.
  • Snap to grid. Something in between the default theme and the really free form options of Dubbadhar would be nice. Lining up gauges pixel by pixel kinda sucks, but I'd like a little more freedom. Having a snap to grid option seems like a good middle ground.
  • Colour options. Not a huge one, but I felt like I should reiterate that I'd prefer them. Especially for gauges that have a ‘fine, warn, critical’ range.
  • Significant figure options. Having the option to set CPU load to a whole percentage, rather than reading tenths of a percentage point would be really nice.
  • Gauge shapes. Arcs are cool, donuts are cool, gauges are cool, but more bar graphs as seen in the Portal theme would be nice.
  • Resolution scaling. This one is a minor issue, but I run a 7" 1080p screen for MoBro, and a lot of themes don't play nice with that. The Fallout theme, for instance, is super small and basically unusable. It's okay on custom ones where I can crank up font sizes and widget sizes, but there are themes that are just unusable thanks to this quirk.

Those are just some thoughts I've had about what I'd like to see in a new theme. I know they're vague, but they're things I'd like to see across the board, rather than specific things for a specific theme.

Cheers,
Ally.

Hi. There is one things that I thought it would be nice to have.

First, a Scrolling Text widget, where you can put sensor info., a phrase or time and date. I use Astern just because it has the clock, I use to look at it mainly when I'm playing a game.

I am new here, but I would love to FPS and a clock with date, these would be great when streaming or Gaming

• It would be nice to have the ability to combine sensors, for instance up and download in 1 graph with different colors.
  • Also have an inverted warning and critical (i want critical when my FPS drops below a certain point for instance, instead of above).
  • Also the bar graphs would be totally awesome to have.
  • Gauge now has a big padding left and right (not top and bottom) which is a bit weird. Font size has no impact at all.
  • Formulas: like calculating B/s to MB/s

5 Months later lol

@Shane yeah we haven't really gotten much feedback in the actual time it was running at the start so we figured people where not looking for a new theme. We even have extended the voting time, but there was not a single response on patreon. 

The last few months we have been working on the application side to soon be able to provide more data instead ?There will soon be an update regarding that. 

Now that we actually have more people on this thread and some good ideas we might revisit this topic? Thank you guys for the feedback that already came in. I guess it just took some time to get some activity in here ?

We have even already added some of the things to our latest dubbadhar update. 

What we are actually looking for in this thread are style / design suggestions. 

So I was personally looking for a Tron / Space kinda theme with blue/white lines or a grid. Maybe even some cool, but not too distracting animations in the background. 

I'd love to get the discussion started again and hear some more from you guys. 

~ Mike

Looking for style / design wise i would say something like star trek lcars perhaps? Since we are all nerds ahahaha... 

3d27126e-1dd3-4632-817c-9e0fc45d0a50.ee851716.jpg

Haha yeah that's also a good idea!

I've thought about something a little cleaner in the likes of this:

1e7f5f2a-fc7d-4b62-899f-222a19a51863.ee851716.png

GhosTz

1e7f5f2a-fc7d-4b62-899f-222a19a51863.png
Lovely 

GhosTz

Looks good too!

GhosTz

Looks nice and clean.. 

Login to comment

Login
Like most websites, we also use cookies. But don't worry, we only use them for your login and statistics.