QUESTION

Custom Widget display on Raspberry pi

4 people are following

Raspberry pi showing only default readings, just wanted to know how can i see all the custom widgets i am configuring under "Hardware Monitoring" tab?  

Replies 1 - 6 (6)

Hi @Rohit 

The theme displayed on the Raspberry Pi is completely separate from the widgets shown in the desktop application.
To add additional values to the theme on the Raspberry Pi you currently have to alter the code of the theme yourself. So if you know your way around HTML and Javascript you can have a look at the blog post here: https://www.mod-bros.com/en/blog/b/configure-themes~916

Other than that it's unfortunately currently no possible to add additional values or widgets to themes :/
However we're already working on the theme customization feature which will allow you to customize themes and add additional values to them directly in the desktop application, no coding skills required.
This will be available with our next major update :)

Thanks for the response Seraksab. Will be waiting for the update, any timeline for that.

Hey @Rohit,
we're targeting a release date later this year!

Hi guys, same issue here. I bought a waveshare TFT display combined with raspberry pi zero W and if i change the widget in desktop app, the new widget is not showed by the raspberry, is that normal?

I just read this "The theme displayed on the Raspberry Pi is completely separate from the widgets shown in the desktop application. To add additional values to the theme on the Raspberry Pi you currently have to alter the code of the theme yourself" so it is working right.

@Davide yes as @Seraksab alraedy stated in the comment this is how it works. These two systems are independent. If you take a look at our Blogs you can also see that we are already working on the new Theme Customization feature where you can customize what is displayed on the raspberry pi side without coding. Our Patreon supporters are already using a version of it and we've hat awesome feedback over there. We'll release it soon to the public, just tweaking it right now.

Login to comment

Login
Like most websites, we also use cookies. But don't worry, we only use them for your login and statistics.