FEATURE REQUEST

Double Tap to Switch to Screensaver

2 people are following

First of all, I absolutely love the software.  I've been using it on an old Nexus 7 tablet for months and have just recently switched to using a Raspberry Pi Zero 2 with great success so far.  

I was wondering if there would be any way to add an option to do something like double tap the screen to switch straight to the screensaver that was setup during the initial config.  Conversely, double tapping the screen while the screensaver is active and the computer running the ModBros client is accessible would just send it back to the monitoring screen.  I feel like if I'm sitting down to watch a movie or something on my computer, I'd much rather be able to have the display show the Particle Clock (or any other screensaver) instead of stats all the time.  Right now the only way to do that (that I'm aware of) is to exit the ModBros client and wait for the Raspberry Pi to lose a connection.

Thank you!

Replies 1 - 1 (1)

Hey @NegussugeN

Thank you for your kind words, glad you like it and I'm happy to hear that everything works for you!

I guess you have already heard that we are currently in the process of rebuilding the app from the ground so we can extend it easier in the future. We are already pretty far and hopefully able to release it in Q1 2022. After that we are planning to add a ton of new features to the platform. One of these features, and I'm spoiling this here for the first time, are actions (or whatever we are going to call this feature). 

With actions you will be able to add buttons to your dashboard that are able to trigger macros or other APIs. With that you might also be able to control things on the pi itself. Other actions could be keybindings, discord API or obs/twitch integrations. 

For the meantime you could also add an actual physical switch which cuts power to the pi. 

Happy holidays ? Mike

Login to comment

Login
Like most websites, we also use cookies. But don't worry, we only use them for your login and statistics.