QUESTION

Image Widget - File Size Limit?

3 people are following

Hi,

Just setup MoBro and my display, started looking at theme customisation etc.

Is there a limit to the file size of images you can select with the Image widget and background image in the global config?

I can't seem to be able to upload any image over around 900KB, I just get the spinning square.

Replies 1 - 5 (5)

I get the same issue, as a work around, 

• Upload a smaller file
  • Browse to your upload folder
    Mine was C:\Users\user name\AppData\Local\MoBro_Local\public\upload
  • Make a note of the uploaded file name, this will be different to the image you uploaded
    Mine was e09a9578-29a2-49aa-911c-51f99876a516.gif
  • Delete the file
  • Copy the new image to the upload folder
    This one is 6.4mb
  • Rename the new image to the same as before
    CubeSpinner.gif → e09a9578-29a2-49aa-911c-51f99876a516.gif

You can then resize move edit through the editor as before.  The only issue I have with doing it this way, is the device wont update until the device is reconnected or the theme changed to something else and then back again.

34f1ffde-d083-4f67-87dc-2470db7f9aa4.ee851716.png

@Reaver79 interesting, thanks for this I will give it a try.

So it appears the Pi Zero 2 struggles to play back a 10mb gif, very choppy and then just crashes. Will try a 3B+ and 4 at some point. Unfortunately my internal USB headers don't seem to provide enough power for the larger Pis so I might just have to stick with a static background.

Hey guys, we found the issue, we had a limit of 1MB for data packages delivered between devices and the app, so big images couldn't be delivered correctly. We've increased the limit in future versions. Thanks for pointing out the issue!

Login to comment

Login
Like most websites, we also use cookies. But don't worry, we only use them for your login and statistics.