FEATURE REQUEST

MoBro image formatted to be used with Berry Boot

3 people are following

I bought my first Raspberry Pi to customize my game pc using MoBro and it worked fine. I didn't fix the Raspberry Pi and the 5" Display to my PC case, because I like to experiment the Raspberry with other software and OS.

I installed Berry Boot on a MicroSD and all the OS versions I'm testing.

I tried to add MoBro image to Berry Boot, but it said it isn't in the right format to Berry Boot. It seams Berry Boot uses a little different image format.

I think it is important to have MoBro for Berry Boot because it gives the ability to use Raspberry Pi for other uses or applications without having to swap MicroSDs.

Please, could you add this to MoBro?

Replies 1 - 2 (2)

Hi @Zillomab 

I didn't even know about BerryBoot, so thanks for the input. Definitely looks interesting if you're trying to use multiple OS from a single sd card.

I get why you would want to have support for this. However we do already have quite a large backlog of tasks that are more vital for MoBro then this and so this isn't really a high priority for us right now.

But if you're interested in just quickly testing MoBro without installing the whole image you can have a look at the page over here: https://www.mod-bros.com/en/faq/mobro/raspberry/diy-setup

Also the Raspberry Pi part of MoBro is completely open source. So you could maybe even create your own image that runs with BerryBoot. You can find the repository on here on GitHub: https://github.com/ModBros/mobro-raspberrypi

This post answered my question on how to run MoBro on a Pi as a window. That is awesome, as I now have my Pi doing background SSD checks with F3 while still seeing MoBro.

So, I got my first Pi yesterday and am a noob at Linux, but I think Zillomab should be able to use “BerryConverter” with the original Mobros image to convert it to something usable with BerryBoot. Search for it on Youtube, and there are plenty of videos explaining the process. I did not do it, the browser window option suits my current requirement better.

MoBro is a completely awesome tool BTW! Finally made me get a Raspberry Pi and start learning Linux!

Cheers

David

Login to comment

Login
Like most websites, we also use cookies. But don't worry, we only use them for your login and statistics.