REPORT AN ISSUE

ModBros app crashing every hour

2 people are following

I just noticed in my Event Viewer log that ModBros is crashing and restarting every hour after starting up.  See the image below.  My system was started at 7:37am and then exactly 1 hour later is the first error in the log and repeats every hour after.  This is happening on another computer as well, both Windows 10 PCs currently running beta13.

I went back in the logs and found that the errors started on 3/31/2021 right after I installed the beta9.

I haven't actually noticed any problems with my sensor display but I wanted to bring this to someone's attention in case it wasn't a known issue.

Let me know if you need more information from my logs or whatever.

90c29230-bf9f-4015-9538-04abd32aba7c.ee851716.png

Replies 1 - 1 (1)

Hi @DamnMyEyes 

Your observation is correct and the service currently restarts every hour.
This is actually intended and the current workaround for a memory leak we've had. You can read up on it here if you're interested: https://www.mod-bros.com/en/forum/t/memory-leak-in-modbors-monitoring-service~1735
Also you shouldn't really notice any of this when regularly using MoBro.

But yeah.. admittedly it's not a very elegant solution. But it works.. at least for now..

Like I already mentioned in one of the posts of the linked topic, we're already working on a completely re-designed version of the background service.
Once that's out, we will have a proper solution in place and all the error events will be gone ;)

But thanks anyways for noticing and taking the time to report!

Login to comment

Login
Like most websites, we also use cookies. But don't worry, we only use them for your login and statistics.