REPORT AN ISSUE

Monitoring Service and External USB Devices

2 people are following

When I need to Eject a device such as a USB Memory Stick, SD Card etc, Windows warns me that it is unable to do so as the device is in use. I found that it was the ModBros Monitoring Service that was accessing the device. Stopping the service allows me to eject the drive. I then have to restart the service to continue monitoring on my internal pi screen.

Replies 1 - 2 (2)

Hi @Markhimself 

thanks for mentioning this.
We're not actively accessing any USB devices in the service. But its possible that one of the monitoring libraries we currently ship with the service (OpenHardwareMonitor or LibreHardwareMonitor) is doing so in an attempt to monitor the USB device or collect data.

We're already working on a complete plugin-based revamp of the background service though, that will also allow you to enable/disable each plugin individually.
So I guess that should also resolve your issue in the future. As for the current version: the workaround you mentioned (temporarily stopping the service) is likely the only option

Thank you for the prompt reply!

I look forward to the next release

Login to comment

Login
Like most websites, we also use cookies. But don't worry, we only use them for your login and statistics.