QUESTION

Must Raspberry and PC both be on WiFi?

2 people are following

Hi all!

Total newbie on this - I have installed the image on micro SD and configured it. The PC I want to moniter I have on ethernet cabel - desktop - and I connected the raspberry to my  WiFi as I don't want another cable to the raspberry (already have a lot of cables on my desk) - But now my question is - does both the PC and Raspberry be on WiFi or cabel in order for it to find eachother? Notes - I see the screensaver I configured on the raspberry so configuration on the raspberry should be ok I think. Have uninstalled the image and started over two times with no luck. The MoBro app is running on my PC. Thank you in advance. Kindest regards Maria

Replies 1 - 4 (4)

Hi @Frostbitt19 

no they don't need to be both connected over wifi. they just need to be both connected to the same network, regardless if its over wifi or ethernet

Is the ethernet cable of your PC connected to your wifi router?

Hi @Seraksab and thank you for your answer. 

Yes, my ethernet cable to my PC is connected to my WiFi router. 

I followed the configuration for the raspberry on my phone and connected it to my WiFi. Have tried a couple of times to see if that could help, but with no luck unfortunately. 

Do you have any tips or ideas on how I can resolve the issue?

Kindest regards, 

Maria

Login to comment

Login
Like most websites, we also use cookies. But don't worry, we only use them for your login and statistics.