FEATURE REQUEST

New Feature Request - Screensaver/Powersave Mode

3 people are following

Good afternoon

For most of us, the raspberry pi will be powered on constantly if its plugged directly into a wall socket. I have thought of an idea to save from having to unplug the Pi everytime the PC is powered off to stop the Pi looping through the "can't connect to pc" screen

Would it be possible to impliment a Screensaver/Power Save mode that after a few attempts of finding the pc, will dim the screen/play a pre-determind screensaver file (whilst still trying to find the PC in the background) and when the PC is powered back on it should automatically find it and power the screen back on so it starts to monitor once more?

I personally would love a screensaver as it would give the Pi screen an extra function whilst the PC is powered off

Replies 1 - 4 (4)

I appologise for the misleading title of this post - It should be New Feature Request. Im sorry for anyone who got their hopes up thinking this was a new feature available

Hi TakingBackTj

Thanks for the suggestion.

We have already been discussing this issue of the screen being on all the time for ourselves multiple times.
But having some kind of screensaver seems like a great way of handling this without having to shut down the Pi all the time.

I added it to the list of possible new features and we may implement it in a future version.

Oh and don't worry, we took care of the title for you ;)

Seems to be a good to have feature. Maybe a digital clock with weather info?

Hi @TakingBackTj  and @akash 

It's taken some time, but today we released a new version of our Raspberry Pi image (V11).
It now includes configurable screensavers that should address exactly the problem that you guys described.

Check out the Blog post for more details :)

Login to comment

Login
Like most websites, we also use cookies. But don't worry, we only use them for your login and statistics.