QUESTION

Not compatible with the official 7" Raspberry Pi Screen?

2 people are following

I'm pretty close to giving up, but thought I would give the forum a chance. It seems there is no display driver for the official raspberry Pi screen. I am unable to set this up as most of the image is cut off and I also can't flip the screen which I need to do for the case I have it in.  Are there any instructions for setting this up with the official screen? I'm connected with GPIO and I've gone through the configuration wizard, but no driver I pick does anything and there doesn't seem to be a setting to fix the screen. 

Replies 1 - 3 (3)

For anyone else that has this issue, I had success with the WaveShare - LCD7-800X480-Show driver. I then had to go into configure on the PC and make it 800X480. I then created each gauge to make sure it all fits correctly. Not very user friendly, but I figured it out.  

Hi @aagstn 

our image is of course compatible with the official 7" screen.
But it's correct that there is currently no driver selectable in the config wizard. So you would have to select ‘Manual installation’ and then connect to the Pi afterwards (e.g. over SSH) and apply the necessary configuration changes manually.

But thanks for mentioning this, I've already added a task to the backlog for this.
I guess we should be able to add the driver to the selection menu for the next version of the image

Seraksab

Hi @aagstn 

our image is of course compatible with the official 7" screen.
But it's correct that there is currently no driver selectable in the config wizard. So you would have to select ‘Manual installation’ and then connect to the Pi afterwards (e.g. over SSH) and apply the necessary configuration changes manually.

But thanks for mentioning this, I've already added a task to the backlog for this.
I guess we should be able to add the driver to the selection menu for the next version of the image

Thank you. I see it now it the guide. I got confused on that part, but see now how to connect and edit it with SSH. 

Login to comment

Login
Like most websites, we also use cookies. But don't worry, we only use them for your login and statistics.