DISCUSSION

NOt saving config data

3 people are following

Seems once i run through the Wizard on the hotspot and reboots everything is back to original and did not save my data. Any ideas?

Replies 1 - 4 (4)

I'm currently struggling with a similar issue. The config wizard seems to reset the config file. (Which is mentioned somewhere in the FAQ or another thread, I think), so adding anything before running the setup is useless. My setup runs fine but my Pi always shows the Undervoltage icon, so I tried to add “avoid_warnings=1” but it seems like the config file get's overwritten everytime I start the Pi. (Icon is still showing and the entries in the config are gone)

Putting it to read-only seems to delete the entire ModBro config, so the Pi just creates a Wifi hotspot again and I need to set up everything from scratch. 

Hi @Stormy 

Yes, the config file is overwritten by the new configuration after you hit ‘apply’ in the config wizard.
Any manual additions from before that will be gone.

But if you already did the configuration and everything is running fine you could then just SSH on to the Pi and add your “avoid_warnings=1” to the config file.
This should stick and not be overridden until you go through the configuration again.

But you're right, for a future version of the image we should look at how we can avoid overriding the complete configuration or maybe even provide an option in the config wizard to add custom entries.

Seraksab

Hi @Stormy 

Yes, the config file is overwritten by the new configuration after you hit ‘apply’ in the config wizard.
Any manual additions from before that will be gone.

But if you already did the configuration and everything is running fine you could then just SSH on to the Pi and add your “avoid_warnings=1” to the config file.
This should stick and not be overridden until you go through the configuration again.

But you're right, for a future version of the image we should look at how we can avoid overriding the complete configuration or maybe even provide an option in the config wizard to add custom entries.

That worked. Thanks!

992553d9-eafa-4632-9d85-c4a0b77bab84.ee851716.jpg

Glad to hear it's working for you now :)

And also that front of your PC looks really nice!

Login to comment

Login
Like most websites, we also use cookies. But don't worry, we only use them for your login and statistics.