DISCUSSION

Over Bluetooth

2 people are following

So is it possible to set this up over Bluetooth? Was originally thinking about having it over USB and Im following the other thread but then I thought about over Bluetooth. Is this possible?

Replies 1 - 2 (2)

Hi @Makipsee 

In the current implementation the Raspberry Pi needs to be able to communicate with the PC over ethernet or wi-fi.
The method that's described in the other thread that enabled communication over USB makes use of RNDIS, which essentially provides a virtual Ethernet link that runs over the USB connection

You could have a look at the pull request here if you're interested at how exactly the version over USB would be implemented: https://github.com/ModBros/mobro-raspberrypi/pull/6
Unfortunately we haven't really found the time yet to integrate this into the image :/

Now I haven't looked at it in detail, but I guess you might be able to do something similar over Bluetooth tethering.
Not 100% sure tough, but certainly worth tinkering around a bit if you got the time and interest ;)

Yes I was first pointed to that thread. I am very limited on what I know how to do when it comes to those things haha. I ended up getting lost while reading the other thread. 

Login to comment

Login
Like most websites, we also use cookies. But don't worry, we only use them for your login and statistics.