DISCUSSION

Possible to connect RaPi ModBro to PC directly using Ethernet cable ?

2 people are following

Hi .. My Mobro is slowing down my WLAN connection. Is it possible to connect the RaPi Modbro directly to the my PC with ethernet cable ? all the info on the website assumes a connection to the router (WLAN/Ethernet) to work. Reason, I have the RaPI built inside my PC Case, a 50cm, ethernet cable connected to the PC will mean i can still use my WLAN network without performance issues.  

Replies 1 - 2 (2)

Hi @mhdamro 

MoBro normally only uses a few KB/s of bandwidth to transmit the monitoring data. We're talking about < 10 KB/s, so that shouldn't really have an impact on your network performance at all, given you have a decent WIFI connection to your router.

What kind of performance issues do you notice and did you measure data throughput and/or latency?

Seraksab

Hi @mhdamro 

MoBro normally only uses a few KB/s of bandwidth to transmit the monitoring data. We're talking about < 10 KB/s, so that shouldn't really have an impact on your network performance at all, given you have a decent WIFI connection to your router.

What kind of performance issues do you notice and did you measure data throughput and/or latency?

Yes that's true it only takes a few KB/s … I have been observing an issue i am getting with my WLAN for the last 2 months or so (same time when i first installed MoBro), the WiFi in my network randomly becomes slow, then the WLAN connections in my network disconnects and reconnects again for a couple of seconds, really annoying during a video conference, replaced 3 Fritz-boxes, even changed to ASUS routers, trying different setups (Mesh, repeater, Direct connection, DMZ, etc). It was only fixed when I disconnected my Mobro from the network no issues then … That's why I asked if it is possible to connect my RaPi to the PC directly without going through the network to transmit sensors as i like the MoBro and would like to have it . 

Login to comment

Login
Like most websites, we also use cookies. But don't worry, we only use them for your login and statistics.