QUESTION

Problem with MPI4008

2 people are following

Just got my MPI4008 4inch screen for few days. http://www.lcdwiki.com/4inch_HDMI_Display-C

Everything work fine until installing the drive, after install the drive contex connect the display and raspberry pi 3b+ with hdmi and gpio, won't work, it only show up no signal.

So, I try the other way, by reflash the whole image leave the display setting to default ,only connect through hdmi without GPIO, and provide the display for individual power, it start to show up my computer sensor info.

I'm just curious where to fix the problem? 

For additional information, I'm using a 5v1A power supply when I connect the pi and display with hdmi and gpio, will the power supply casue the issue?

Replies 1 - 6 (6)

Hi @normalHKAdrian 

1A is probably not enough for both the Pi and the display. The official recommendation for a Raspberry Pi 3B+ is 2.5A

So I'd try again with a more potent power supply

Seraksab

Hi @normalHKAdrian 

1A is probably not enough for both the Pi and the display. The official recommendation for a Raspberry Pi 3B+ is 2.5A

Thanks you, once I find a 2.5A power supply. I will give a quick update~

@Seraksab Apologize for too much question, Can I use some kind of fast charge plug(QC~) that provide more than 5v1a for raspberry pi in this case to give it a try ?

Seraksab

Hi @normalHKAdrian 

Finally got my 2.5A power supply for my kit. Unfortunately, nothing change.  Have a few experiment, once I connect the Pi and display with GPIO the screen will only show-up no signal.

In this moment, the only way to make it work are using HDMI connect the display with Pi and provide individual power for both devices.

Take me some time to get it work.

In case anyone wanna know, I plug my display after every setting are set and driver install, and now work perfect.

Glad to hear you were able to get your screen working :)

And thanks for posting the solution as well!

Login to comment

Login
Like most websites, we also use cookies. But don't worry, we only use them for your login and statistics.